Monday, March 4, 2013

Eli Evan: Welcome to the World!

This weekend was so sweet as we had the opportunity to have yet another little angel join our growing and ever delightful family!  Eli Evan Konshuk was born on Saturday march 2, 2013 at 3:35 in the afternoon to Evan Daniel and Kimberly Ann Konshuk.  He weighed  in at 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was 19 inches long.  he has dark hair, beautiful skin, piercing eyes, and softness that is not possible to describe.  

Anyone who has kissed a baby moments after birth knows the feeling that i am talking about.  There really are no words to describe the experience.  As I held him for the first time and cried tears of joy, I told my son Evan that I was in heaven  and he said  "actually mom, heaven just came down to you"   the attending nurse said  "what a beautiful thought" and I would have to agree. Evan is a bit of an angel himself, so he would know.  As I looked at Eli for the first time, I was struck by how much he reminded me of my own beautiful son that was his father.  A gentle soul, with a beautiful, light filled presence.

I felt some of what I had experienced the day Evan was born and I held him for the first time.  Overwhelming love, and overwhelming gratitude for the opportunity to know this perfect little child. I thought, how could I be so blessed but God is good, and I am content that he knows our hearts and gives us what we need most in this life. So today we celebrate all that is good in life, especially the blessing and arrival of our sweet Eli.  






















1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! Absolutely love these shots. Eli is a handsome baby for sure. Love to see the faces of so many people that I love! Thanks for posting these shots! Love and miss you Lori!

    ReplyDelete